Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Sneak Attack

 








The other day, after Ron and I had finished dinner and cleared the table, we and the dogs headed for the family room. Fluffy and Fang were excited; they would be getting their evening biscuits before we all settled in to watch TV. Fang was tucked under my arm as I led the way, and Fluffy danced around us in anticipation while Ron brought up the rear.

Whack!

Ron had made a sneak attack on my bottom. My right cheek throbbed. We heard the clatter of toenails on the tile floor as Fluffy scrambled out of the room to get away from the noise. Fang remained unconcerned, his mind on the impending treats.

"You scared him," I chuckled. Then I reached back with my free hand, rubbed my sore cheek, then contemplated its untouched mate.

"Scare him again."

Whack!

The second smack hurt much more than the first one, but I was happy. I like everything to be even.

From Hermione's Heart

10 comments:

PK said...

I like that even feeling too. Ron's a great fellow, you know!

Hugs,
PK

Anonymous said...

Like an unresolved chord in music.

Kaelah said...

Yep, I definitely don't like asymmetry either! ;-) Just hope your poor dog came back and got its evening biscuits?

ronnie said...

Love sneak attacks. Though shame to scare poor Fluffy.

Love,
Ronnie
xx

Emily Winters said...

Sneak attacks are my favorite! Even when it scares our cats!
Emily

Erica said...

Nothing like an unexpected treat!

Raven Red said...

Living a balanced life..the only way, that is healthy!

Hermione said...

PK - He is indeed!

Mick - That's it exactly! A----men.

Kaelah - Nothing keeps Fluffy away from food for very long.

Ronnie - You'd think he would be used to it by now.

Emily - Welcome! I love them, and nothing scares our cat.

Erica - I thought dessert was over!

Raven - Ron makes sure my bottom stays well and happy.

Hugs,
Hermione

Daisychain said...

LOL, nice! I agree, even is necessary to keep the world in balance! xxxx

Pink said...

Ha...love this, Hermione.