Thursday, February 3, 2011

Size - It Does Matter

In a recent post, I told you about Ron's new implements and how effective they were on my bottom. But it was hard to judge the size of the weapons from the pictures, and you may have been left with the impression that they were small and unimpressive.

I assembled some implements and photographed them so you could see for yourself that bigger is indeed better.



In this picture, at the bottom is a sixteen-inch wooden ruler. The paddle above it - called "The Wedge" - is the one Ron got for Christmas. Compare its size to the smaller maple paddle at the top, also hand-crafted by the same manufacturer - Littledeer.

(I have a confession. We had both completely forgotten about the smaller paddle until I started preparing for this shoot. It had somehow become buried at the bottom of the implement drawer.  I wonder how that happened.)

We recently used both paddles in a session, and the little one hurts waaay more!




Here we have the same 16 inch ruler, and above it the newest spatula. As you can see, compared to the smaller one above it - which is the size commonly used for cooking - it's a real whopper!

From Hermione's Heart

12 comments:

Our Bottoms Burn said...

I like those paddles! And Canadian Maple makes it special for you.

I note the Littledear web site comments "Maple can be used in frying and will not damage delicate surfaces"

Anonymous said...

Size really does matter? I KNEW it.

sixofthebest said...

Don't blush Hermoine, but you have just proved an 'old age axiom', size does matter, be it sexual, or spanking.

A.S.S. said...

We have a few implements that are the same (design, materials, shape) except for their size. Have found as a very-very general rule that the smaller implements are more stingy and the bigger implements are more thuddy. So size does matter!

:)
~Todd & Suzy

ronnie said...

Size does matter. Lovely paddles Hermione. I'm sure Ron will put the little one to good use as well:)

Littledeer link not working Hermione.

Love,
Ronnie
xx

Hermione said...

Bogie - So it's gentle on your bottom? Not likely! But the Canadian maple is a sweet touch.

Mick - Yup, in spite of what we women say.

6otb - I guess I have.

Todd & Suzy - I have to agree with you on that analysis of sting vs thud.

Ronnie - He's good with both of them. (I fixed the link.)

Hugs,
Hermione

Michael said...

So, the smaller maple paddle "somehow" got buried at the bottom of the implement drawer, and it is just a coincidence it hurts waaay more than "The Wedge." Why do I get the feeling Ron will be putting it back in the rotation in a most ouchy way.

FYI Over on Blossom and Thorn you've been scheduled for a turn on the spanking machine, Hermione. You're welcome. :)

Erica said...

And of course, every top thinks his paddle is bigger than the rest. ;-)

I don't like big, thick thuddy paddles, but I agree, sometimes the littler ones have quite the evil bite!

Emanuele Lombardi said...

A roommate of mine had a spatula that was way too large for most bowls in any kitchen. It was however perfect for most bottoms. I have been looking for one like it but no luck so far.

Emanuele

Hermione said...

Michael - Honest, it was a complete accident. An oversight, really. I think it will be back in rotation too often for my tender bottom.

Thanks for the invitation - I enjoyed toe Robospanker!

Erica - Tops can be so vain! Funny, but I think bigger is better too, now.

Try Williams-Sonoma. They have every colour in the rainbow too.

Hugs,
Hermione

Anonymous said...

"Size...it does matter" LOL!!! :D

Daisychain said...

Ooooooooooohhh, looks ouchy!xxxxx