Friday, January 9, 2015

Friday FAIL

Because it's so cold and slippery outside, Ron and I have been mall-walking instead of taking our usual route through the neighbourhood. Yesterday we decided to go to the local Walmart Supercentre and burn some calories by walking up and down all the aisles. after a while Ron said he wondered if we would see any of those oddly-dressed people.

I suppose it was because of the cold weather, but we didn't actually see any strange outfits or exposed bottoms. What we did see was bad enough: people without any teeth shouting to each other; people walking and eating  sandwiches; people blocking the aisles texting and talking on their phones. And - wait for it - those were employees! The customers, for the most part, seemed to be from low-income households (judging from their clothing) and most seemed to have several children to help with the shopping. They also did their share of texting in the aisles, usually with their shopping carts blocking the way.

Walmart has good merchandise at low prices, but today I think we'll go back to the mall for our exercise.

There's always a high turnover in staff, especially after the holiday season





What did you buy?





Ouch! That must have hurt!





Which one is the better deal?





Finally, print this card and have a little fun on your next trip to Wally World.


Before you go through checkout, did you remember to Complete the Caption?

From Hermione's Heart

14 comments:

Roz said...

LoL Hermoine, I guess it's never dull at Walmart! Love the bingo card!

Hugs
Roz

abby said...

Never thought of going to Wallmart for my daily stroll......think i will stick to the mall on these cold days. hugs abby

abby said...

Oops forgot to add...wonder how many people applied for that firing job??
hugs abby

ronnie said...

Now firing, love it. Thanks for the smile Hermione.

Love,
Ronnie
xx

stay at home mom said...

Hi Hermione, great Friday Fails. I think the bingo card is so bad .... and funny, it has become my favourite immediately. :)

hugs

Nina

Erica said...

Oh, that card is brilliant. I'm assuming they bought "Assorted Blow Pops," but really...

I hate to say it, but I've bought sheets at Walmart. And they turned out to be better and softer than the ones I got at Bed, Bath and Beyond. Go figure.

Enzo said...

WalMart Bingo, oh if only so much of that wasn't true.
As always, thanks for the laughs Hermione.

Hermione said...

Roz - Never dull, but sometimes scary!

Abby - So will I from now on.

Ronnie - Some of the employees we saw ought to be terminated.

Nina - It's right on the money.

Erica - There are some decent items there. You have to hunt for them.

Enzo - Scary how many of them are true.

Hugs,
Hermione

Blondie said...

These are so funny. I am still laughing

ricky said...

I betcha they'd have a sell-out if they advertised 1 + 7 FREE!

Katie said...

Sheesh! Way to corrupt the classic blow pop! LOL!

Thanks for the smiles, Hermione! and I am with you- mall is a much better choice! Many hugs,

<3 Katie

Cat said...

Wow Hermione...I have two Walmarts I shop at and if employees used their cell phones for talking or texting, they would be terminated ASAP! However, I could complete the bingo card at either store in under a minute...especially in the spring and summer. Thanks for the giggles.

Hugs and Blessings...
Cat

WendelJones said...


I’ve actually seen the Blow Pop Ass before at Walmart. It’s for the lollipops with the gum at the center in assorted flavors.

Thanks for the laughs.


P.S. BINGO!

Baxter said...

another great selection of FAILs. Thanks

Baxter