Monday, October 30, 2017

Recap: Spanko Brunch 2.0 for October 29

What a wonderful turnout for our 200th brunch celebration. We discussed whether childhood spanking results in an adult interest, and here's what you said.

Simon: Being positively ancient when I was young it was normal for children to be spanked at home, school and virtually everywhere. My parents however did not believe in physical punishments so neither I or my siblings were punished in this way at home. As I am disabled I was not punished at school despite the fact that my disability would not really have prevented it. In fact the only time I was spanked was in hospital by the sister in charge of the ward I was on. If anything shows how much times have changed it is that, can you imagine the outcry these days if a medical professional hit a child in their care. In truth I was behaving very badly and it was only a few smacks on my pyjama bottoms. I don't think this was the cause of my love of spankings etc, in fact it was the spankings given to other children that I witnessed that were a far bigger influence. When I was 13 years old I remember seeing a young female classmate being bent over the horse during a P.E. lesson and having her skirt flipped up for a slippering on her knickers and realising that I had become aroused and I suspect that other boys and possibly girls were affected in the same way.

Anon 1: Not as a child, desire to give was strong, it has changed to wanting to get.

Subone: I was spanked as a child. I don't think it led to me wanting to spanked as an adult.

Sir Wendel: Yes and mostly likely helped.

I had wonderful loving parents but they would spank and sometimes whip my bottom when I acted up. The moment I associate most with my fascination was when I was thirteen. I had just received a whipping from my mom. Afterwards I had to stay in my room for thirty minutes. I noticed the girl next door changing so I spied on her as she undressed and put a bikini on and have been interested in spanking ever since.

Roz: Hi Hermione, congratulations on 200 brunches, wow! Thank you for continuing this wonderful tradition.

I can only ever recall being spanked once as a child. My mother would kn occasion deliver one slap to the thigh however.

Bogey: I was the recipient of corporal punishment - frequently at school, rarely at home. I don't think it had much to do with my fascination with spanking as an adult. I date it to a moment when I was 19. I was in the Navy and I was trading adult magazines with another guy. One of his magazines had a picture of a woman spanking another on the cover. Right then, my heart rate went up. Spanking and sexual arousal were forever fused together in my mind. It was no longer pain, it was all for pleasure.

Anon 2: I'm certain that my fascination relates to a spanking I received as a child. I was about seven years old when I got a "warning" spanking. This was to inform my thinking about future misbehavior (specifically playing with matches). Step-mom gave me 3 or 4 mostly mild swats on my fully clothed bottom with her belt. It didn't take me long to wonder how it would feel in my underpants, with a bare bottom, and on my hands (Canadian school in the 1950s).

Being the industrious child, I worked on finding out. I achieved my goals in fairly short order. I found I liked everything about spankings and strappings. Well, maybe not the instant of impact, but certainly the planning, anticipation and remembrance of the event.

My only regret is not telling my wife until some 25 years into our marriage. She has warmed to my desires, except for strapping my hands. That's an very acceptable trade-off for some 20 years of being given a deliciously sore bottom.

Here's hoping we all get what we want and deserve.

Ronnie: Congratulations on the 200th brunch. I was happy you decided to take over brunch from Bonnie.

As I was never spanked as a child, can't really answer the question.

Yorkie: I was never spanked as a child though I do remember having a fascination with it at a very early age.

Jack: Congratulations on 200th Brunch. That is a lot of work! It is appreciated. Thank you for hosting.

Yes, I was spanked as a child. I grew up in the southern US and spanking was allowed, and frequently used, in the schools I attended. I received my share of spankings. I do not believe that corporal punishment works as a behavior modification. It did not change my behavior. But it did get my attention and it did get the message across. Neither the school Deans or Principal nor the spanking are going to change my behavior, only I can do that.

Yes, I believe that the spankings at school affected my desires. The middle school I attended had a Dean of Boys and a Dean of Girls. Paddling was the major discipline method used. The waiting room to see the Dean was common. The Deans had separate offices and the they opened off of the waiting room. The walls were too thin and the paddling could be heard by all.

Before a paddling was delivered, one of the administrative assistants were always called to the office (always a woman) she was a witness and had to sign a form regarding the discipline used). We knew a paddling was imminent when an administrative assistant would would come through the waiting room and knock on one of the doors. They would enter, close the door behind them and within a few minutes later we would all hear the three swats - one after another. The administrative assistant would leave. And a couple of minutes later the student would emerge. It was always a little bit unnerving as each of us knew we would have our turn in due time.

I believe it had a major effect on me, as I was the youngest in my class and as a male I developed physically later than the girls, and because I was younger, I developed later than most or all of the other boys (so for most of middle school, I looked like a stick with arms). The girls were already developing and some had many displayed the prominent curves of a fully developed and sexually mature female. Obviously I was not attractive to them, but they were already starting to be attractive to me.

To make matters worse, the Dean of girls was a very attractive woman. So somehow, my developing brain, I think, cross-wired an attraction to dominant woman (desirable) and submissive women (desirable) - especially after a spanking.

Honestly, if I was tasked with developing a discipline system that was completely ineffective in modifying student's behavior, but would likely cause perversion when the students developed into adults, I am not sure I could do better than that system. (In case any one could not tell that sentence was sarcasm! I am against spanking children. Period. It does not work. And in my opinion, the spanker is a bully!)

But for For adults spanking adults, that is a different matter.

Thanks for the question. That was a tough one.

Hermione: I was indeed spanked as a child, as was common in the era in which I grew up. But to the best of my recollection, it was seeing another child being spanked when I was four that started me on the road to eroticism linked to spankings. My four-year-old cousin and his parents were visiting, and I accidentally walked into the bathroom and saw, for the first time, how little boys were different from little girls. The adults were horrified and there was a great to-do. I didn't understand the fuss, but felt terribly guilty. A day later, I saw my aunt put my cousin over her lap and give him a sound spanking for some misbehaviour. I had already discovered masturbation, which the also a source of much guilt and adult overreaction. My childish mind associated spanking with sexual pleasure and guilt, and a spanko was born.

Katie: Congratulations on your 200th Brunch, Hermione!:) I often don't make it in time for brunch, but you serve up some excellent questions, and I enjoying reading the responses. Thank you for taking this on, when Bonnie retired.

I can only remember being spanked twice as a child. My dad who was a wonderful father, was the spanker. I can't remember what I did the first time- I was all of 6 I think. The second time I was about 11, and I think that I was very rude to my mother. I remember feeling a bit traumatized after that one, as I was starting to grow into puberty, and was modest, etc. I do remember my mother being mad at my father about it all. It was no long thing, just a handful of spanks with his mighty hand, but my dad made his point. On both occasions, I remember him lovingly apologizing, and talking with me about my behavior. Do I think that it led to my interest in being spanked? Never say never, but I don't think so.

Thank you all for revealing something of your past history.
From Hermione's Heart

1 comment:

Eric51Amy49 said...

I'm a day late! Congrats on 200 brunches. Wow. That's cool.

My parents did not spank and when I got to third grade, spanking in schools was outlawed. I did have a crush on a boy in 2nd grade though, who got sent to the Principal's office for frequent paddlings, and I think that was the start of my interest.

Amy