Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Our Club Insignia?

You are probably all familiar with this gold image of Egyptian Pharaoh Tutankahmen with his symbols of authority, the crook and flail.

A flail is an agricultural tool used for threshing to separate grains from their husks. The flail symbolises the Pharaoh's role as provider of food for his people and the shepherd's crook symbolises his role as the shepherd of his people.

In spanko terms, they are called the cane and flogger.

Some years ago, when the King Tut exhibit came to Canada I, along with thousands of others, went to see the wonders found inside the young king's tomb. Afterward, I stopped at the gift shop to buy a souvenir. I'm not sure why I chose the particular item I did. Perhaps it was the inexpensive price; possibly it was the erotic nature of the item. I selected a small blue and gold pin of the crook and flail. 

I wore the pin on my grey winter coat for several years before it found a new home in my dresser drawer. Seeing King Tut's picture on a recent issue of the National Geographic prompted me to search for the pin. The blue enamel has worn off so the crook looks less like a candy cane and more like a serious implement.
Wouldn't this be an interesting way to indicate to like-minded people that you are a TTWD enthusiast?


From Hermione's Heart

10 comments:

PK said...

Sounds like a plan to me. I wish we did have some kind of secret handshake or signal so that we could recognize one another. We should be able to come up with something!

Hugs,
PK

Unknown said...

Oh, I like it! Count me in.

Our Bottoms Burn said...

Tony of Shadow Lane proposed an open palm pin on the ass/sss forum a decade or so back.

ronnie said...

That would be a lovely pin to wear. Yes maybe someone in the community could design and make a pin for us but then I don't suppose the boys would want to wear one.

Love,
Ronnie
xx

Hermione said...

PK - I do too. There's the BDSM symbol, but that's a little too general.

barely pink - You're in!

Bogie - I didn't know that. Very appropriate, too.

Ronnie - It would have to be tasteful and subdued to appeal to both sexes. I like the idea of the open palm.

Hugs,
Hermione

Erica said...

I love it! It's intelligent AND tasteful, not "nudge nudge wink wink" obvious.

Charlie said...

Tony of Shadow Lane now offers a pin with a chair and hairbrush on it.

Hermione said...

Erica - Exactly. Only those in the know will know.

Charlie - Really? I would like to see that.

zelda said...

I'm late to this post, and I don't think I've ever commented here before so HELLO to you, Hermione! But as a kink and Egypt enthusiast... I LOVE this idea! Ironic, I have tickets to the King Tut exhibit coming to my country in the next few months. Maybe I'll pick up one of those pins. ;)

zelda

Hermione said...

Hi Zelda, and welcome! I am sure you will enjoy the exhibit. I certainly did. I hope you find one of these pins.

Hugs,
Hermione