Thursday, October 8, 2009

An Honest Blogger


Ally and Cookie nominated me as an Honest Blogger. I'm not sure how honest I really am -- after all, my blog is peopled with characters from Harry Potter -- but I do try to be truthful in what I write about. So here are ten real facts about me -- honest!


1. I am afraid of heights.

2. I had my 15 minutes of fame at age six. A small news item about me that appeared in the local paper was picked up by The Canadian Press, and it subsequently ran in newspapers across Canada.

3. I hate telephones. If I can't use email to contact someone, I write a letter.

4. Many people are envious of my hair, and I always offer to trade. It's taken me many years to establish a peaceful co-existence with it.

5. I am a member of Mensa.

6. If I were stranded on a desert island with only one kind of food, I would want it to be cheese.

7. It's no problem for me to speak in front of hundreds of people, but I stumble over my words when talking to one person if I feel uncomfortable or anxious.

8. For the first 20 years of my life, I had no access to a car; I walked, cycled or used public transportation to get where I needed to go.

9. I hate to eat alone in a restaurant, and will usually opt for takeout or something from the grocery store.

10. I like mice, rats, snakes, frogs and bats. Spiders, on the other hand, give me the willies. I can't even look at or touch a picture of one.



I won't nominate anyone; I know all my readers are honest. Please feel free to try this meme on your blog, or in the comments here, if you don't have a blog of your own.


From Hermione's Heart

4 comments:

Rose said...

I'm the same way with telephones. I don't know why I hate them so much, but I definitely do. Which sucks because I'm self-employed, and have multiple phone lines and phones in just about every room of the house, save for the bathroom. I do everything I can to encourage people to email me rather than call.

Meow said...

I hate phones, too. For me, the internet is wonderful, since I can communicate in writing most of the time. Hey, you mean you're not the real Hermione? I'm stunned! Meow

ronnie said...

Thanks for sharing with us Hermione.

I was the same, didn't have access to a car until I was 21 and I used to walk everywhere. Mind you I still would rather walk than take the car.

I like to talk with to people rather than use email.

Should have mine up tomorrow.

Love.
Ronnie
xx

sixofthebest said...

Congratulations Hermoine, on mentioning that you are a member of Mensa. I have always believed that the 'spanking community' has a higher 'IQ' rating that many world wide groups. Would'nt you agree Hermoine?