Monday, October 26, 2009

Spank the Virgin


While decluttering a drawer full of old papers, I came across a page torn from a newspaper dated August, 1996. The article I had saved was about a new game (CD-ROM version) based on the movie Monty Python's Quest for the Holy Grail, and the heading promised that "Pythons leave in naughty bits..." No wonder I had saved the article, even though I never bought the game.

I quickly skimmed the text. The specific naughty bit was based on the knights' visit to Castle Anthrax, and the sex-starved ladies therein. After you have navigated to that place, according to the article, you have the opportunity to play the "highly politically incorrect game called Spank the Virgin, a description of which is perhaps best left to the imagination".

Ooh! I can imagine!



I found a very old review of the game here.

Here's a fun reminder of one of my other favourite parts of the movie. Now, if I only had an audio of coconut shells horses' hooves...





From Hermione's Heart

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hermione - I had no idea there was a Monty Python game made, I imagine it is as crazy as the movie. I love the cat and dog picture, very cute.
Ally

Katia said...

I can always count on coming to your blog and smiling.
Thanks
Katia

Fabsterrant said...

Yes indeed, news to me also about the game. Nice suprise to discover all the lady bloggers I was unaware of. Hi to the guys too. Gosh Hermione, you have it all here,lol.
Hugs, fab

Meow said...

"Bring me a shrubbery" - one of my favorite movie lines! Thanks for the laugh! Meow

Greenwoman said...

Ha! I loved this one and I love your humor. *grins*

sarah said...

I don't get it - but probably because I am not a Monty Python fan. YES, `tis true!

I am not ashamed!

s.

Hermione said...

Ally - I'm sure it is. I wonder if it's still available.

Katia - Thanks. I'm glad.

Fab - There's always a lot going on here.

Meow - That picture was a happy accident, and I'm glad I added it.

Greenwoman - Thank you. I'm pleased you stopped in.

Sarah - It would take too long to explain it to you. Rent the movie.

Hugs,
Hermione

ronnie said...

Very good Hermione. I didn't know there was a game, be interested to find out if it's still available.

Love.
Ronnie
xx

Dr. Ken said...

Hermione--if you go to my blog and look back in the archives to January 29, 2008, you'll find a post titled, "Spank The Virgin" where I talk about the game.

The game is very old at this point and was designed to run on Windows 95. I don't believe a newer, updated version was ever made.

Pity.

Dr. Ken

Hermione said...

Ronnie - I checked, and it doesn't look like there is a version that's playable on today's computers.

Dr. Ken - that's a great post! You make it sound like so much fun to play! But I'd seriously think about upgrading from Windows 95 i I were you.

Hugs,
Hermione