Sunday, October 25, 2009

Overheard in the Media


Spanking references are everywhere these days. Here are a few that made my spanko senses tingle.

On the radio:

During a retrospective on the failure of a major investment firm that led to the financial collapse a year ago, the presenter spoke of a review of "...those banking practices..."

When you say it fast, it sounds like TTWD.

In a newspaper:

After a dinner party, in front of a blazing fire, "the hostess finally at ease, with [guests] of various ages draped over laps and sofa arms..."

You finish the sentence!


On television:

A popular cooking show star who likes simple, casual dining complained that when she walked into a dining room and saw "the white tablecloth and the straight-backed chairs, I get shivers up my spine."

Who wouldn't?




From Hermione's Heart

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Geez, it's like the media is terribly repressed and preoccupied at the same time--can't keep from talking about it.!

Meow said...

You are soooo tuned in! Spanking is everywhere! Meow

Widgets said...

No matter where you look the most beautiful part of the anatomy is waiting to be enjoyed.
Rachel Widget

ronnie said...

Oh you certainly find them Hermione. Loved the last one.

Thanks.
Love.
Ronnie
x

Hermione said...

Mick - Yes, I think there are a few spanko journalists out there.

Widgets - Yes, those cheeks are everywhere.

Ronnie - So did I.

Hugs,
Hermione

Anonymous said...

shivers for straight back chairs... wow!!! Your picking up on this means Ron might have to keep you at home, and not let you out of the house.
Red

Jennie said...

I can so relate to this. My ears perk up without fail when I hear a radio commercial for any bank with a name that ends in a "s". (Commerce Bank, for example, gets me every single time).

Hermione said...

redxx - Hmmm, whatever would I do with my time?

Jennie - Welcome! Commerce bank - that's a good one.

Hugs,
Hermione

sixofthebest said...

'Overheard in the Media', would make a good 'photo caption' picture. The two busybodies listening at the door, heard these words uttered. "Hermoine my dear", said Ron. I am going to raise your dress waist high, pull down your knickers, and give that bare bottom of yours 'six of the best', with a cane. Do you understand Hermoine"