Saturday, May 29, 2010

One more time, with feeling


I was on my way upstairs last night, and had just put my foot on the first step when I felt a glancing blow on my right bottomcheek.

"Ow." It hadn't really hurt; in fact, I had barely felt it, but wanted to let Ron know his effort was appreciated.

"Wait a minute. That was not a good thing," Ron said. (He isn't a big fan of Martha Stewart, but he likes her favourite expression.) I paused and waited.

CRACK! A second, much harder swat landed right on target.

"OW!" This time I really meant it.

"There, that's better. That was a good thing. Off you go now," he ordered, and I resumed my ascent with one hand on the railing and the other on my bottom, rubbing it carefully.

It's nice to have such a conscientious husband.



From Hermione's Heart

8 comments:

widgets said...

That is TRUE LOVE and ADORATION as my husband says. He not only showed his love for you as you but also is stating that you are the most beautiful woman in his world. I do the same to my husband, aj.
Rachel

Anonymous said...

I think if they mis-spank they should pay a chocolate forfeit or in your case maybe a spanking forfeit because that may make you smile more than chocolate.

That thought bewilders me.

Anonymous said...

If you set out to do a job, I say don't stop until you've done it well. You have a man with values. ;)

ronnie said...

Good for Ron for following through, don't you just love them.

Love,
Ronnie
xx

Hermione said...

Widgets - What a lovely thought.

Poppy - I like that idea! Either one would be a suitable forfeit.

Mick - Ron is a perfectionist.

Ronnie - I certainly do!

Hugs,
Hermione

Daisychain said...

Glad he re-did it! xxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

The loving pat, or fond wallop, let's you know that you are loved.
Red

Hermione said...

Daisy - So was I.

Red - I am that indeed!